CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

When is Giving Up Better?

I once thought that if I did the right things and made what I deemed to be the best choices – then life would be rosy and peaceful.

But we all look for little diversion in life right? and before we know it life becomes so busy, the real schedules demand more than we can give and many of our grand plans get lost in the shuffle. It's hard to remember that for all the activities we add, something must be removed - even if it's something that we all look forward to every week.

My extra-curricular activities are in full swing, church commitments require more time and of course my oh-so-wonderful(but-oh-so-consuming) kids need more than food and toys. They need you even if all you do is play hide and seek all afternoon. Even if I am itching to do something else, that need to wait. Aside from day job, I also have a sideline that eats also a lot of my time so other things are falling through the cracks: mainly housework, self-care and even time with friends. I thought these just need to wait but what I'm realizing is that it's now catching up to me. Around the house you see:

  • Laundry that need to fold

  • Ceilings, walls, and tops that need scrubbing and serious cleaning
  • Toilet bowls that stinks and smells and need to sanitize

And a dozen of other house projects. My other secondary activities that require me to be out of the house, also take me away from completing these. Although they are not urgent but they definitely need results. These are just examples, but they can be applied to almost every situation.

I have no magical solutions, but writing out the list helps me know what needs to be worked on. This weekend I plan to try and catch up and be more proactive. Then I can determine which adjustments need to be made. A few thoughts are:

  • Plan ahead as much as possible- see what needs the most importance.
  • Delegate the task- discuss and share the house loads with husband and kids but don’t be a push over.
  • Be ready to flexible- set for last minute interruptions, delays or changes but pursue on finishing the task.

Maybe you have other ways of catching up with the million chores and things to do inside the house. Let's talk about it, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment