CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mom Moments

My kids, 8 and 3, are still too young to surprise me with gifts. Last February my son gave me what looks more like a Philippine map than a valentine card. But I couldn’t be happier. To others who can’t relate to that, don’t try it’s an entirely emotional reaction. Somehow this motherhood experience alters my opinions, judgments and looks at life in general. And many times mothers were so consumed by the busy-ness of the day that they don't realize their strengths were running dry and souls slowly depleting. So allow me to both declare and explain:

As mothers..

  • We often forget things not because of early Alzheimer but because we multi-task. There’s a whole lot going on in our mind that’s we ask if evolution really works, how come we only have two hands?
  • We must hold the television remote control in our hands while we watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, we’ll miss a whole cooking show looking for it, though one time we were able to survive by holding a calculator.
  • We should not be expected to memorize all the isles of grocery stores. There are only two isles I can go to even with eyes closed: milk and diapers. Other than that I am also clueless to find exotic items like “Cumin” or “Tofu.” For all I know these are the same thing.
  • You don’t have to ask me if we liked the movie. Chances are, if you see us crying at the end of it, it sure was.
  • We think what we are wearing is fine. But we need to be told that our shoes, belt or hair is fine. And off we go change for another full hour. Without doing it, we don’t feel fine.
  • Mothers need other moms, their own and friends - cheerleaders who journey with us.
  • We all have our moments, good and bad and many that can't be labeled as either - just life!

No comments:

Post a Comment