CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2012

Happiness is...

  • Accepting the fact that you are really getting older. (Kind of like watching Robert Redford, do you remember when the switch occurred where he went from one of the most handsome man on the face of the earth to be a grizzly old guy with a leather face?)
  • Embracing your womandhood and ability to procreate. Even if it makes you what Regine Velasquez is now. I still love her no matter what.
  • Acknowledging that you are only as old as you think you are. Ignorance is one but denial is another. Having all over body pain after a work out is a tell-tale sign that gone are the days when your body doesn’t care what you do.
But seriously, happiness is such an underrated term. Walk down the street and look at people. Really look at strangers as you cross them. I am willing to bet you can pick out the happy people in a fraction of a second. A blink of a glimpse is all it takes to know the difference between who is happy (they may look dumb, but they're blissful) from who looks miserable (they may look bright, but all those brains in the world are useless when you don't even want to get up in the morning). And so I ask, what makes a person really happy? I want to believe that from where I am right now, with my present circumstances and how I square in life in general,
    I totally rock on two things:
  • Having adorable kids and go from being indulgent, self-centered, single gal to stuff toting, budget-conscious and control freak but nevertheless caring, responsible mother of two. How dare I to complain?
  • Enjoying life and realizing it before find myself strapped to oxygen tanks or my butt confined to a wheelchair...
So how about you? Tell me, I want to know, I may have undiscovered happiness waiting for me around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment