CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Its A Choice

Sometimes I stand on the street, look around at all the people, and wonder which of them are gays, lesbians, or transgenders.

Maybe quite a few, filled with the terror and angst it takes to hide their true selves so that others won't find out. It'd be so, so hard. I can't imagine. And may be some others so okay with it they flaunt it in their neon green nails, studded shirt and spiky hairs.

I don't know so many things. But I am big on social justice, equality, fairness and right to express self as it pertains to identity and mental health. But sometimes all ours kids ever get told is“no” and “you can not do that” and “behave". That thing you do with words is outstanding. Only twenty-six letters in the alphabet and you arrange them just so.

Hubs and I have been parenting our children for nine years, now. It's a privilege, it's wonderful, it's frustrating, disappointing, tiring. I've learnt a lot about parenting, mostly through trial and error. We muddle through, think that it will get easier as they get older. I'm starting to realize it's harder.

And like me, millions of parents watch their kids every day. But I'm not millions. I'm one. And my son, he's all mine and the way the tendrils curl around his ears when his hair gets too long is so gorgeous that I want to punch something. What is that?

Thing is, I do not want any of my children to know life harder than it already is. So I pray that they will live straight lives, make straight choices. And hopefully make them realize the impact of their choices.

I hope to explain them the difference between gays, lesbians and transgenders like one day I will tell them the differences between sex and drugs, God and the devil and love and fear.

::

What do you think of Charice's transformation?

"For me, just love me. I am a person. If you think I am boy or a  girl
or if I look like a boy, then fine. I am Charice. I know what people think, I don't care
This is the look I want. The only thing that you can do is move on."


8 comments:

  1. Honestly I really do not care.lol! Perhaps if we just leave her alone she will find who she really is, in time. Besides in my wacky household it is cool to be weird, different, special.

    Live and let live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's anyone's ballgame. Sometimes being unique is the way to go. No norms, no standard. I hope everyone in the family is okay.

      Delete
  2. wew! ate malou! haha. Im a chaster for a long long time now. I saw it coming so I have already prepared myself. lol. My heart broke(especially about all the tattoos she has going on) I really dont like it at all. But she is still the same person(feeling close?) What really drew me in was her personality in the first place and not her voice. I love how she loves her mom and I love how courageous she was way back when she was still starting, going to the US and all. I was also impressed by how well she handled oprah and ellen interviews. And now that she has come out i discovered that she is still the same brave girl that ive admired. So I think that I will always be a chaster.

    I really dont care about sexual preferences as long as they are happy. But I guess I demand a little decency and formality esp when it comes to clothes and talking(too much vulgarity). But yeah as long as they are true to themselves -which is what i wish for everyone including myself, then it is fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like Charice. I wrote about her before because, man, she sound so good. She has the quality of voice I have not heard before. I love her like I love Regine. But guess you're right. The tattoos are off. I think she could copy the style of Ellen de Generes. Clean and smart. However I still have issues her marrying another girl.. But that's another story altogether.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree. People seem to ignore how powerful the power to choose is. I think that is why a lot of people are in the wrong place at the wrong time. A lot of people are complaining about how hard their lives are when they have the choice to make it better. They keep on complaining how sad they are when they have the choice to be happy. As for Charice, we love her for he talent, not for her sexuality. Plus we are in the 21st century, sexuality is the least of our concerns, at least for me anyway. Have a good day!

    Gene, from meteredwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gene! Well said. It really takes a serious effort to see people how they see themselves. No bias or prejudgment. May be acceptance is the key.

      Delete
  4. I still love Charice no matter what... Tunay naman kasi siyang Talentado!

    ReplyDelete