CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Quo Vadis?

Sometimes it is so much better to see thoughts on paper - or computer screen, isn't it? Suddenly it becomes clearer. You are able to see all angles, all arguments.



This week was a bit burdensome for me. Mentally. The church I am attending go from mainstream preaching to grace preaching. For old-schooled person like me, it is not something that's easy to take, much more believe. I may not be able to fully describe the differences for I may leave you more confused than enlightened.


You can say that it's not really a problem. You know, shrug it off and just go with the flow like every one else. In fact, they'll be happy to see you oh so easily "converted". Please don't take it like it is something evil or a cult thing. In reality, Grace Preaching is more God-centered. The focus is more on the Creator than creation, and that I have no problem with. However, it also affirms certain radical teachings like effortless success and salvation without repentance.

Joseph Prince, a pastor from Singapore, authored a book called Destined to Reign. If you read it, it sums up all what grace preaching is all about. While it is supposed to be all positive, it's approach is kind of too unnatural for me.

But I know that I'm still a work in progress. I still have a lot to learn. I can only keep an open mind- and open heart to wherever God will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment