CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Take Me Away



Confession: I’ve never been anywhere.

I was never outside the country. Up to now, I am still jealous of people who have already gone to different fantastic, dreamy places like Paris, London , New York, and yes even Asian neighbors like Hongkong and Singapore. In silence, I would ask myself why I didn’t push my luck to visit these wonderful cities before? For others, that sounds so mundane, I know. But the truth is, I sometimes felt too awkward, too out-of-place to never really cross the Philippine borders.

I am now past the stage admiring these scenic places in pictures, on TV screen or inside my dreams. I am now hoping to see them come alive in front of me. That one day, Empire State Building, Eiffel Tower or Santorini island will become real and solid. To have actually see, feel, and smell them. Sometimes, it felt like it was destined for others and not for me.

And so I ask, can I choose blessings for my life?

Why is it that we sometimes have trouble getting what we really want? Why do we opt to lower our standard so as not to be really disappointed over things that we find difficult, if not impossible to achieve? Is it that we're scared? Feeling too vulnerable? Or just chicken?

But in my heart, I know I have been blessed in so many ways, with more important things in life. Surely, Eiffel tower can be enchanting. And so are my children’s laughter. Oh, they are so unpredictable. One moment they’re sight to behold, and the next time, they’d start kicking and bashing one another to death. And there I imagined I was at the Eiffel Tower. Alone.

But really, we just have to be good in picking up our blessings. I think I am just as blessed as I will be anywhere else.

For anywhere is a paradise. Its only up to you.

1 comment:

  1. You know me as being the "lakwatsera" and traveling to the most fascinating and interesting places is one of my goals. someday, if time and money permits we will be able to see those places. for now, dreaming of them will have to do. :)

    ReplyDelete